I love this new background! My friend Laura told me about a website where you can use FREE backgrounds for your blog - very cool - they have some neat ones, as well as ones you can use for different holidays. I'm definitly having fun with this new blog thing.
For anyone who might not know, Scott is on our volunteer Fire Department here in town. He loves it! He has about 4 more weeks of his fire training course left. It's been a 6 month course, and though we've been excited that he had the opportunity to take the course, we are both ready for his schedule to slow down a bit and for him to be home more. He'll be taking his written exam and practical exam mid-April. In May he is taking a weekend course to become RIT certified. He's really looking forward to that. In the Fall he plans to take a medical course, which will add to his experience when they are on fire calls. He'll be able to help the paramedics if needed, etc or will be able to assist the victim if paramedics are not on the scene yet. That course will be 12 weeks long. Every time Scott talks about fire fighting, his eyes light up. He absolutely loves it and is disappointed when he misses a run! :)
I also work at the fire department, but it is very part time. I only work about 50-60 hours per YEAR :) I do really enjoy it though. The fire department is right around the corner from our house, so it's easy for me to slip down there when Taden is napping and Scott is home to watch him. The fire Chief has given me the freedom to choose my own hours and I can bring Taden with me if need be. My job title is "secretary" but mostly all I do is data entry into the computer. I record all the runs they go on, all the training sessions they do as a departent, send reports into the state of Michigan, and do payroll.
something I can do.
13 years ago


Hey Amy!! I LOVE the background you chose! Your blog is looking so great. I look forward to reading all your posts! Love you
ReplyDelete