The weather sure has gone back and forth for us here in Michigan. One week it will be cold and then warm the next. Although the warm days leave me wishing for more, I am thankful for the warm days that break up the cold ones. We've gotten outside alot more the past month or so and that's been nice. Walks in the sunshine are always a good thing aren't they! :)
My brother and his wife brought dinner over last week and it was so good that I asked for the recipe and made it while my in-laws were here this past weekend. It's a chicken crockpot recipe and is super simple. I'll type it below...
Clean and de-skin 4-5 chicken quarters and place them in bottom of crock pot.
sprinkle with black pepper, poultry seasoning, parsley flakes and 2 cloves of diced garlic.
1 can cream of celery soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
*Just scoop the soups out of cans and dump on top of chicken*
sprinkle again with the above mentioned seasonings (minus the garlic)
cook all day on low*(I actually had to cook mine on high so it might depend on your crockpot)*
skim any fat off top before serving
---chicken will be so tender and falls off the bones
---serve with mashed potatos. The soup in the crockpot makes a wonderful gravy for potatos!
I think I hear Taden up from his nap, so I better close for now. Til next time...
something I can do.
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment