skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Scott is home! Yay!
Yesterday I was driving to my parents house and mom was following me in her car and it was raining SO hard. I actually got scared because at one point I couldn't see! And I was worried for my mom too. There was so much water, it almost felt like I was driving in a swimming pool. I pulled off the road at one point and then pulled back on when it wasn't so bad. I knew Scott and the guys were on their way home from Indianapolis and he actually ended up calling me and said he had heard there was a bad storm. So I told him about my driving experience. They were about an hour away but no rain or anything where they were. As they continued, they got a call from our fire chief that things were a disaster and about 15 telephone poles had snapped in the storm and they could use some help, ( 6 of our guys were on this trip so they were short handed without them) so Scott stopped at my parents house to tell me (around 7pm) and then left to go with the fire fighters to the station. He didn't get home till almost 10pm! When he got home, he showed me the stuff he got while he was at FDIC - most of it was freeby's that were given away and he also won a shirt in a drawing. Aparently the shirt will NOT catch fire and costs over a $100 if you were to buy it! So that was neat that he won it for free in the drawing! He got free t-shirts and free hats and other little things. One thing was a pad of paper that you can write on in the rain and it won't smudge or disapear. You can even wipe the rain off the paper and keep writing, it doesn't "melt" the paper! Anyways, he had a really good time and a lot of fun! If I get a chance later, I'll post a picture that Scott took of an amazing firetruck - it's HUGE!
No comments:
Post a Comment