When we first moved here, there was a garage in our back yard, (approximately 19feet by 23 feet) but it was not safe and the roof was sagging a bit, so the church had a "work day" on a sunday afternoon and tore it down. We've really enjoyed being able to see the woods behind where it used to stand. It had a dirt floor, but cement wall foundations were left behind. Scott and my brother Craig worked on sledge hammering out 2 sides of the cement wall foundations last summer or the summer before and we "hid" the other 2 walls with some stones. The area has been dirt, uneven and weedy in some spots. We also keep finding pieces of glass and odds and ends that surface through the dirt. Since it's not too safe for Taden now that he is quite mobile, and b/c it has been an eye sore, we decided to cover the area in topsoil and plant grass seed over it. We had 6 yards of topsoil delivered on thursday afternoon and have been working on it over the weekend. Taden has QUITE enjoyed himself and has been a big "help" stomping down the dirt and using his own toy shovel, not to mention getting QUITE dirty :) I'm going to take more pics of the project and will post later.
Check out my new online shop, "AMY'S AVENUE", at www.etsy.com/shop/amyscutecreations. There's something for everyone! Crocheted hats, scarfs, baby items, tote bags, etc.
Scott is a Youth Pastor at our church here in Michigan and also is a Volunteer Fire Fighter for our town. I am a stay-at-home mom and I LOVE it! (I do have a minimal part-time secretary job at the Fire Department, and I really enjoy it.) Taden is our 2 year old, growing boy who is so much fun and always keeps us laughing! We enjoy seeing all the new developments and phases he goes through! Gavin is our newborn and has such sweet gentle eyes - we love hearing him coo and seeing him smile. Both our boys are treasures from God.
My favorite picture of Tae
God's PURPOSE is greater than your pain, and He has a GREATER purpose than your problems. Your crises are not going to slow down the purpose of God - have CONFIDENCE in that. -Max Lucado
Scott and I met at New Tribes Bible Institute. We didn't think we had a chance with eachother, but as soon as we found out eachother was interested, we started talking and getting to know eachother! The first time Scott asked me out, we were at the gym working out. I went home from our first date and told my parents, "I wouldn't mind marrying that guy!" And the rest is history! We started our dating life on March 25, 2001, got engaged September 22, 2001, and started our married life on June 8, 2002! We have a baby in heaven who we never got the chance to meet or hold (2006) and we have two adorable little boys named Taden (2 yrs old) & Gavin (newborn).
No comments:
Post a Comment