Tuesday, June 16, 2009

slept thru the night

Last night was the first night Taden slept thru the night since we got home from Massachusettes last Sunday. He's been teething, getting back into our routine here and also has had bad allergies, so between all that, I think he hasn't been sleeping too good. Which means, we haven't been sleeping too good either :)
I have been feeling soooooo tired since we got home from Massachusettes, to the point that I've been taking a nap almost every day when Taden takes his! And I've been ready to go to bed early too. Scott and I don't have a habit of going to bed before the other, but lately I've gone to bed earlier b/c I've been so tired with this first tri-mester. I'm hoping to have more energy once I'm into my second tri-mester. Today I am 8 weeks 5 days.
Taden has his 18 month checkup today at the doctor. It'll be interesting to see how much he weighs now and such. We've chosen to wait until he is 2 years old before we start vaccinating him and even then, we are going to space them out and only do certain ones, not every one that they offer.
Scott took a course this weekend called RIT (Rapid Intervention Team). It's for fire fighting and is super intense. He said it's the hardest thing he's ever done in his life! It's very physically demanding (and he works out!!!) so for him to say it was the hardest thing, is saying something. The RIT team is basically like the SWAT team of the police department. If a firefighter were to go down in a fire, this team is the team that would go in after the guy and rescue him. It's specialized training and was really interesting hearing Scott talk about all the things they taught in the course. There was one exercise they did and Scott was the only one in the class who did it without having to have help. I thought that was awesome! :) I'm so proud of him!
Scott turns 30 on Saturday and is NOT looking forward to it at all. Of course, I've gotten a couple jabs at him lately about his age :) and he's reminded me that I will be 30 next year! His parents are coming down this weekend and my family will be here too. We're gonna have a BBQ, hopefully the weather is nice!

1 comment:

  1. good thing Taden is sleeping thru the night again! It's so tiring when they wake up. Especially since you're preggo! :)

    Way to go Scott for doing so well on the RIT training!

    ReplyDelete