skip to main |
skip to sidebar
a cute story...
This past week I was needing to get some cleaning done and one of the things I wanted to do was clean the shower/tub in the bathroom. Taden's room shares a wall with the bathroom, so to have the water running in the tub and to be loudly scrubbing, just wouldn't work out the best for doing it during his naptime. So I decided to venture out and try to clean it while he was awake and up and running around. I left the bathroom door open and of course, he wanted to be right in there with me, "contributing" to the fun... He was throwing all sorts of things into the tub while I cleaned...the air freshner spray, cleaning supply, his blankie, a bath toy...then was going around me to the other side of the toilet and got into the toilet brush (yuck!) so, after this went on for a while, I decided to just shut the bathroom door with me in and him out so that I could finish up the tub. Of course, this was not his idea of fun, to be on the OUTside of the bathroom. After he fussed for a bit, it got quiet... uh-oh... so I opened the door and he was playing with a DVD (which he's not allowed to play with) so I dealt with that and back into the bathroom I went, with the door closed again. Again, he wasn't happy and again it got quiet....uh-oh.....so I opened the door and Taden was nowhere to be seen. Not in his room, not in our room, then I found him sitting in his "fort" ( a cardboard box). I thought, "What a good boy! He's playing all by himself"....It was THEN that I noticed he had one of Scott's Wii video game discs in his hand! (again, something he's not allowed to play with). I thought, "Holy! He know's he's not allowed to play with that so he went and hid!" Talk about a sin nature! :) He instinctively knew to hide his sin! Of course I didn't laugh at the time, but Scott and I laughed later :)
LOL....what a stinker! I know what you mean when you just want to get something done! It's also nice when whatever it is can get done when they are awake so that their naptime is a little more restful :)
ReplyDelete