Tuesday, March 31, 2009

over-night breakfast casserole

Just thought I'd post an excellent breakfast casserole recipe that tastes delicious and is super easy. It's especially nice to make up the day before you have company, b/c the next morning, all you have to do is throw it in the oven, no prep work.

8 eggs (I use 1 dozen to make a larger casserole)
1/2 small onion finely diced
1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (Bob Evans sage flavor is excellent)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 pieces of bread cubed (I use 3 pieces of bread)
2 cups milk
salt to taste

Brown the sausage and onion together, drain grease, add eggs, cheese, bread, milk, and salt. Stir everything together, pour into a 9x13 baking dish, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (When using 1 dozen eggs, I have to cook it a little longer)

*You could experiment by using ham cubes instead of sausage and add green peppers, etc.*

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment