Sunday, May 31, 2009

strep throat & 2 year molars!!!

Well, we had quite the evenful day yesterday! My throat has been hurting for a few days and yesterday I discovered white spots in the back of my throat. Taden has a doctor appt. on monday so I figured I'd just try to get them to take a look at my throat while we were there. After talking with my sister-in-law last night (Saturday), she said if it were her, she'd go to Urgent Care and not wait till Monday b/c if it DID turn out to be strep throat, I could get on the medicine 48 hours sooner than if I waited until Monday. AND we're leaving for Massachusettes on thursday for Craig's wedding so I need to be feeling good for that. I was leary b/c I hate having to go to Urgent Care b/c you never know how long the wait will be and I didn't want to sit there forever waiting to be seen, but I decided to go. (which turned out to be a good decision)She offered to watch Taden for us (who was already in bed for the night) so that Scott and I could go. Right before we left the house Scott mentioned that his throat had been sore all day and he'd been taking Vitamin C throughout the day but said he didn't think he had any white spots yet. (He hadn't complained at all during the day so I didn't even know it) Well, as it turns out, we BOTH have strep throat!! BUT we are glad we went and got medicine and will be feeling better in a couple days. Especially since our trip is coming up.
The other eventful thing that happened yesterday had to do with Taden. I thought I'd take a look in his mouth and try to see his throat to see if it looked like he was sick and much to my SUPRISE I saw that he is already getting his TWO YEAR MOLARS in!!!! And he's only 18 months old! The one molar is almost all the way in and the other one has just poked thru the skin. I couldn't believe it! But that was kinda a blessing to discover b/c it explained why he hasn't been feeling good and has been clingy and fussy. Poor guy!

2 comments:

  1. Just call me Dr. Marci... although I'm still convinced when I think about it that I now have a sore throat!!
    We'll have to look for white spots tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it didn't happen when you were away. Glad they found something that is safe for you to take too! I can't believe he has molars! Ephram's 7th tooth just cut through last week and it looks like his 8th may follow this week. Crazy! Have a fun trip... good luck with the 13 hour car ride... hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete