My brother, Craig, got married this weekend (June 6th) in Massachusettes, where his wife, Trinace, is from. It was a 12 hour car drive, but took us 14 hours total including stops along the way. I didn't think 2 hours worth of stops was too bad actually, especially for Taden's sake. He did sooooooo good on the drive! We were PLEASANTLY amazed and thankful! He's been teething and the couple days leading up to the trip were tiring days b/c Tae was so fussy and clingy. We weren't sure the trip would go too well, but God knew we NEEDED it to go well and it did! He slept well in the car for his nap, but didn't sleep to well for his 8pm bedtime, yet he wasn't fussing much, so that was good. We got in at 3 in the morning (from 8pm till 3am, Tae only slept about an hour and 45 minutes!!!! BUT, he wasn't super fussy, so that was a blessing) Most of the time when we put Taden to bed in a new place, he crys a bit and then is fine the rest of the time. This time he didn't even cry! He went down so well, probably b/c he was so tired! But I also want to give God the credit b/c I really believe He is the reason Tae did so well while we were away. We slept about 3 or 4 hours that first night. We stayed at a camp where the reception was held. I was very impressed with the accomadations (only $15 / night) and loved the fact that it was air conditioned and also we had our own bathroom, like a hotel. It was handy too b/c when Taden was napping or down for the night or whatnot, I had the monitor with us and was able to go downstairs, etc. Friday evening was dress rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner afterwards. Saturday morning my mom, me, and Marci went to the bridesmaid breakfast which was at a little bakery that had tables and was a coffee shop environment. They had EXCELLENT things to eat and I bought 2 sandwiches to take back to camp for Scott and I for lunch that day. I took a cinnamon roll back for Scott too and it was huge! Like the size of a small cantelope! It was that tall and round! I had a carrot cake cupcake with creamcheese frosting on it and the way they put the frosting on was like a twist of "ice cream" on top, it looked neat. My dad watched Taden that morning until Scott got up (he and Brandon were purposely sleeping in and getting as much sleep as possible b/c we were leaving that night (midnight) to drive home, so they needed to get as much sleep as they could). When I got back to the camp, Taden was down for his nap. When he woke up, he felt really hot to me and I took his temperature and it was 102.5 !!! The wedding was in 4 hours!!! I gave him medicine and took his clothes off and rubbed a cold wet washcloth on him to cool him down. I checked his temp after a while and it had gone down some (101.8) I prayed that God would heal him and give us wisdom b/c we were supposed to leave that night to travel home. Taden ended up feeling much better and was running around after a bit, so that was a real answer to prayer. I think the fever was associated with him teething. Poor little guy. We left around midnight after Craig and Trinace left the reception and drove home, making pretty good time. Scott drove most of the way and then I took a turn so he could get some sleep. Taden slept and slept and slept which was a blessing b/c we were each able to take turns sleeping. Needless to say we are tuckered out, but we made it home safely :) I enjoyed seeing / being with family and even just getting away for a little bit, even though it was a quick trip. Overall, I felt good physically during the trip, just a little bit of nausea but nothing major. I'll have to post pics later. I did take some, but am going to get some from other family members too that took some.
wow...I know you were just talking to me about going to the wedding but for some reason I totally forgot it was last weeked! That's great that you guys had an awesome time. God is good that the travelling went so well.
ReplyDeleteoops. That was me (Laura) not Dan. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you did the trip overnight! You're crazy!
ReplyDelete